Wednesday, April 6, 2016

39 Weeks



Weeks along: 39

What's new with baby: Baby is the size of a small watermelon or pumpkin. He's anywhere from 19-21 inches and weighs anywhere from 6-9lbs. His brain is still developing, but he's officially "full term" by the new OB standards (I guess 37 weeks is outdated so I spoke too soon a couple weeks ago!).

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Symptoms: Still uncomfortable. He hasn't dropped yet, which is causing some fun pressure on my rib cage when he likes to stick his feet up there. I've also been getting more swollen, especially from the knees down. Nothing too horrific, but some nights I definitely have little sausage toes and cankles.

Cravings: Brownies a la mode. Totally hit the spot Saturday night when we were relaxing on the couch watching a movie.

Workouts: I'm starting to forget what I've even done! I know I did two workout sessions, both had around 20 minutes on the elliptical and then at least 20-25 minutes of walking. I was going to throw in a third session this weekend, but I decided to be a bum instead :-).

Baby Purchases: I picked up little man some shorts and baby blue khakis for the summer time. This kid has a ton of onesies, but nothing to cover his legs!

High point of the week: Spending a girls night with my BFF. She treated me to a manicure and then we had dinner. Having some quality one-on-one time with her was so refreshing, and exactly what I needed.

Concerns/Issues: This work conference Nathan has later this month. He's going to wait to see when our little guy makes his debut to see if he can log in from home, but if he has to go he has to go. Also, I'd be lying if I didn't say labor and delivery still made me nervous. Now that we're just days away from my due date, it's nerve wracking not to know what day he'll decide to come and how everything will go.

Missing: I think "not being pregnant" sums this up nicely for this week ;-)

Sleep: Hit or miss.

Looking forward to: Meeting our little guy!

1 comment:

  1. I started craving sweets the week before both my babies were born! With Carter I ate brownie fudge sundaes multiple nights the weekend before he was born!

    ReplyDelete