Friday, September 30, 2016

It's been 5 months

So I have no idea where the time went. As soon as we had Owen, our life became a whirlwind of diaper changes, breastfeeding and spit up. I say that, of course, with the upmost love for my son.


Our last picture before we became parents!


Oh Owen, you've changed our life in so, so many ways. The most noticeable change of course, is my change in occupation. Yes, that's right, I'm now enjoying being a stay at home mom now. It's amazing how an 8lb, 3oz baby can instantly change your career mindset. The minute I held you in my arms I knew that, if there was a way, I'd be giving up spreadsheets and meetings for tummy time and play dates. Not every day is easy, but I feel truly fortunate to get to see you grow and learn.







Owen can now grasp things with his hands, coo and talk in several different pitches, and can do full-on pushups. While you only have interest in rolling if there's a boob next to you, I have a feeling you'll be an early crawler. You love your Sophie teething toy (shoutout to my friend Jenny for getting this!), bath time and snuggling with mom. You also think Dad is the most interesting man in the world, and if he's talking while you're eating you'll pop off and just stare at him.

 
Less than 1 month old






 


The one question I always get from people is "how is he sleeping?" Ha. Well unfortunately, that's never been your strong suit. Around 3 1/2 months we started having you sleep unswaddled, and that coupled with the 4 month sleep regression just really screwed things up. I try to put you down in your crib for bedtime, but some nights that doesn't work at all, or if it does it only lasts a half hour, tops. Mostly you're in our bed, and even then I'm lucky if I get a 2 or 3 hour stretch before you wake me up wanting the boob. Luckily I just oblige, and then I fall back asleep, so it's not too bad :-). You also can only nap in 1 of 3 places: in your bouncer (but I have to bounce you the whole time), laying down with me, and in your Ergo carrier. The only time you'll nap longer than a half hour is laying next to me though, so we do a lot of that. Some days it drives me nuts, and some days I enjoy every second, realizing these moments are fleeting.







I couldn't be more in love with our little family. Having you come into the world and adjusting to life as parents has definitely had it's ups and downs, but we wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you with my whole heart, my sweet boy.

Owen and I, 5 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment