Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Done Right

So after having our trip cancelled at the last minute, Nathan and I forged ahead on planning a staycation. While we eventually decided to play it by ear and be bums the majority of our time off, we knew one event we wouldn't miss would be my parent's Halloween. 

For those who know my family, know my parents put up the best Halloween display in the town, complete with a full cemetary and moving props. For the past 3 or so years, Nathan's willingly been my dad's partner-in-crime, offering opinions and insights into everything that's scary. This year was no different, and most of Halloween day was spent over at their house putting together last-minute props and ensuring everything was perfect in time for trick-or-treaters.

This picture doesn't do it justice, but my camera died so alas this was the only night shot I got




The night went off without a hitch. Little trick-or-treaters everywhere braved through the cemetery, some going through multiple times, with minimal criers this year (there's always gotta be one, right?). The pigs also got into the Halloween spirit and donned matching cowboy outfits. 



Daisy's grey muzzle in this pic makes her look so old, but she's still my pretty pig!

Overall it was another nostalgic Halloween and a great way to kick off the holiday season. Here's to looking at the next frightening thing to add for next year!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment