Saturday, January 3, 2015

15 Things For 2015

Yes. That's right. I'm jumping on the New Year's Resolution bandwagon. Truth be told, I'm not really one for making resolutions (or keeping them for that matter), but it doesn't hurt to have goals, right? I tried to come up with a list of attainable things I want to accomplish for his year, while leaving out (most) of the stereotypical resolutions.


  1. Try 6 new recipes that aren't desserts (and post the review/recipe on here). This may sound simple, but while I love baking I loathe cooking.
  2. Read 5 new books. I'm currently ready Amy Poehler's Yes Please, but since I'm less than halfway done with it, I'll count it as my first one.
  3. Try something that takes me out of my comfort zone.
  4. Take pictures for at least 4 family functions.
  5. Hang pictures of family/friends on the walls (this sounds simple, but our home has had nearly bare walls...for almost 2 years)
  6. Send a birthday card in the mail to 3 friends/family members.
  7. Do an act of kindness.
  8. Visit 3 places I've never been before. 
  9. Follow a clean eating or whole 30 plan for a week (hopefully longer, but baby steps, right?)
  10. Work back up to running a 5k again, straight through. Since the half-marathon we did 2 years ago (yeesh, time flies) I took a hiatus from running, and have never quite gotten back in the groove. Better late than never, right?
  11. Blog at least 24 times. Truth be told I suck at this, but maybe 2015 will be the year to be more consistent!
  12. Clean out/organize all of the closets in our house. 
  13. Surprise my husband in some way.
  14. Do a house project.
  15. Go visit a friend that lives in another state. Settling in a college town means that the majority of our friends over the years have moved, and seeing them is long overdue.  


So there's my list! It's a tall order, but all achievable as well. Here's to 2015 being the best year yet!



-A


1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! And the blogging should be easy, that's only twice a month! Good luck and happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete