Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Recipe Review

Well hello there!

Since last making my New Year's Resolutions I've been off to a good start. Every month I'm planning to do a recap of where I am in the list.

One of these goals included trying new recipes.

I've admitted it before and I will again - I loathe cooking. If I could just come home every night and have a healthy, yummy dinner prepared for me, I totally would. I hear there's a way to have that done, but it requires something called a "Personal Chef." Turns out hiring someone to cook you dinner every night doesn't lend itself to being inexpensive, so it's off to the interwebs I go for some easy meal ideas.

A lot of the time I search Pintrest for recipes. After stumbling across 10-15 pins this time around, I found one for Skinnytaste Baked Chicken Parmesean. One of my must-haves when finding a dish to cook is that it have minimal weird/costly ingredients (you lose me when there's 20+ items required), and that it sounds/looks yummy. Check, check and check.

In my version, I used what I had on hand, which was plain (not Italian seasoned) bread crumbs and regular shredded mozzarella. I also dipped the chicken in egg white to get the bread crumb mixture on there a little better instead of using butter, and then I spritzed it with olive oil before baking. Oh, and in the future I will spray the pan before baking (the underside of the chicken stuck to the parchment paper so I wasn't able to flip halfway through cooking).

I'm definitely not a food photographer, but I think it looks pretty good!


I served this with a light Cesar salad kit and some veggies. It was a delish meal with lots of flavor and was easy to put together. It will definitely be a repeat dish in our home as it even got the husband seal of approval.

1 new recipe down, 5 more to go! If you have an easy and healthy go-to recipe, please share!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment