Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Five

Happy Fri-YAY! I'm so ready for this weekend. My brother turns the big 3-0 this weekend so my sister-in-law is throwing him a party tomorrow night. Adult beverages + family + BBQ = a good time. 

But before I get ahead of myself, here are my top 5 from the week!

1. Target curtains. This store has come up in 90% of my Friday Five's, but I can't get enough. I've been wanting to spice up our family room for awhile now by adding in curtains with more visual interest (we just had plain beige ones before). I score a big 0 in the decision making department, so I ended up buying 4 different patterns and hanging them all up at home before deciding on just one. Below is the winner, but the other contenders were this onethis one, and this one


Source
2. New lipstick. I'm in love with the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but since the one that I have decided to grow legs and walk away, I decided to splurge on a new lipstick. I picked up  Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in High Heels. It's the perfect bublegum pink, and although it's not as moisturizing as my beloved Chubby's, I'm digging the color enough to run with it.

3. Beauty Brands Liter Sale. I usually settle for Dove conditioner/shampoo, but I'm currently stocking up on salon-quality liters thanks to Beauty Brands. I've picked up a couple liters so far of Redken Blonde Idol Shampoo. I'm obsessed, and planning on stocking up on at least 4 more liters before the sale ends. It's sulfate-free, smells great and has the feel of a really high quality shampoo. 

4. All the chips and guac. N and I had a dinner date this week at our local Micro Brewery, and they had homemade guac as the special appetizer. It was seriously the best guac that I've ever had, and even though the appetizer was meant for at least 4 people, we definitely polished the whole thing off. I've been craving it ever since. 
Source
5. N being home this week. He was gone all last week thanks to a work training in Boston, so having him back has been amazing. We even went running together for the first time in ages on Wednesday, and are both thinking about getting back into running some 5ks/10ks coming up. Hanging out together completely unplugged from all technology is the best!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment