Tuesday, September 1, 2015

15 for 2015 Check-In

It's September! I know I'm impatient, but I'm ready for everything fall. Plaid shirts, boots, cooler weather, fall leaves, candles, and of course ALL the pumpkin flavored things. I want all. of. it.

Here's how I'm doing on my 15 Things for 2015 so far:
  1. Try 6 new recipes that aren't desserts (and post the review/recipe on here).Almost there! I tried out another Skinnytaste  recipe and tested using zucchini as noodles with this zucchini lasagna. It was more labor intensive than the other recipes I've tried, but it made a family-sized portion and was pretty darn good. You can see the other recipes I've made hereherehere, and here. 
  2. Read 5 new books. Read 10 new books. Added What Alice Forgot to the list. It was a really interesting read, with the premise being that this woman falls down at the gym and can't remember the last 10 years of her life. I loved the ending, and it makes you think about how much time can change things. 
    1. Bossypants by Tina Fey
    2. Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? by Mindy Kaling
    3. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (seriously, SO good!)
    4. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
    5. The Vacationers by Emma Staub
    6. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
  3. Try something that takes me out of my comfort zone. Turning this one into a list so I can keep track of everything that took me out of my comfort bubble this year. 
    1. Pushing myself skiing (hello black diamond runs!)
    2. Flying 8 (yes, freaking 8) times over the 6 day trip for work to Puerto Rico, Barbados and Trinidad. 
    3. I'm still thinking there's an even bigger one though that I'd like to get to this year, which is TBD
  4. Take pictures for at least 4 family functions. One more to go! 
    1. Family Ski Vacation - Colorado
    2. Little Brother's Graduation
    3. Ashton's first birthday party
  5. Hang pictures of family/friends on the walls (this sounds simple, but our home has had nearly bare walls...for almost 2 years). Completed! 
  6. Send a birthday card in the mail to 3 6 friends/family members. No progress over the last two months, but still halfway there! I had sent 2 cards for Valentine's day to friends, and in June sent my BFF in Minnesota a b-day present and card.
  7. Do an act of kindness. So far I paid for a person's coffee behind me, but it felt a little too easy.Still keeping this as incomplete. 
  8. Visit 3 places I've never been before. Complete, with adding another one to the list! This ties in with #15, but we're visiting our friends that moved to Atlanta this month. I've only ever driven through the city, so I'm counting it.
    1. Trinidad
    2. Barbados
    3. Puerto Rico
    4. North Carolina
    5. Atlanta
  9. Follow a clean eating or whole 30 plan for a week (hopefully longer, but baby steps, right?) I've come close, but haven't done a true consecutive week of clean eating yet.
  10. Work back up to running a 5k again, straight through. Completed this on the treadmill in July, but have yet to do it outside. Maybe with some cooler weather coming I'll be more motivated to run outside.
  11. Blog at least 24 times. Almost there! I've definitely had a lull in the past 2 months, but I'm still on track to get to this number. 
  12. Clean out/organize all of the closets in our house. Blech, my least favorite activity. I cleaned out part of our bedroom closet last weekend and got rid of some clothes we don't wear anymore, but it still needs a deep scrubbing. 
  13. Surprise my husband in some way. The concert tickets I surprised him with are for tonight! He's pretty excited to go :-)
  14. Do a house project.  We got the house painted/added shutters, but it feels a bit like a cop-out since we hired someone to do it. N and I went out and bought trim paint and plan on replacing all the trim/molding/doors upstairs with white to make it brighter. It's an undertaking, but hopefully we can knock it out in a couple weekends. I'll have to remember to take some before/after pictures!
    Before

    After
  15. Go visit a friend that lives in another state. Going to Atlanta this month to see our friends. N and I are both so excited!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment