Thursday, February 12, 2015

Recipe #2 Review

Recipe: Skinnytaste Cheeseburger Casserole

What's in it: Hamburger, pasta, onions, tomatoes, mustard and cheese (as well as some seasonings)

Skill Level: Partly why I chose this recipe, any novice in the kitchen could whip this up in no time flat

Rating: 8/10

After the last Skinnytaste recipe I tried was such a success (it's on the calendar for this Friday's dinner), I ventured out to try another one. I have at least 10 of her recipes lined up that I want to try, but Tuesday night this particular recipe spoke to me. Some healthified comfort food is just what we needed after a long Monday.

I followed the instructions pretty much to the T, although we did omit the pickles on top and opted for 150 calorie rotini pasta.This was new find, and we were pleasantly surprised that you couldn't tell the difference between the (slightly) reduced calorie pasts vs. the regular. The amount on cheese makes this feel like a much guiltier dish than it is, and the tomatoes along with the mustard definitely gives it a cheeseburger taste.

Cheesy Goodness

I think part of the reason I give this recipe a 8/10 and not a 10/10 is just personal preference. I'm not a big burger fan to begin with, but this was good enough for dinner and then for lunch a couple times this week. This would be perfect for a family (it fills a 9 x 13' size pan), and could even be modified with some mushrooms and bacon with swiss on top.

-A



No comments:

Post a Comment