Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Library Books, Taxes and Ice Cream

Always being a little late to the party, I figured I'd throw up a weekend recap on Tuesday this week instead of Monday.

Overall this weekend was a blast, and went by too fast. Kansas gave us some beautiful weather this weekend, for which I am so, so grateful. When the weather is gorgeous, it's hard to be anything but happy.

Friday night Nathan and I were super exciting and cleaned out two of our closest upstairs (yay for being able to cross off another thing on my 15 things for 2015 list!). After we stuffed 4 contractor bags full of shoes and clothes to donate, we promptly sat our butts on the couch, ate leftovers and went to sleep before 11 pm. It was my kind of Friday night.

Saturday I ran over to KC to get my nails done with my friend, Jenny. Since Trader Joe's happens to just be across the street, I picked up a few things before heading back home. We then got our taxes done, went to the library and got library cards (watch out now!). Feeling accomplished, we decided to treat ourselves and walked downtown to get ice cream at the best homemade ice cream shop.

Pistachio-almond ice cream + 65 degree weather = perfection

We finished our day with a trip to the country to see my in-laws and their impressive mix of miniature and massive livestock (think miniature cow next to a draft horse), and from their house drove 5 miles to the nearest city town for some pub food.

Sunday started off as another beautiful day outside, so Nathan and I took advantage of the 60+ degree weather and went on a 5 mile walk. We then did the mundane stuff like grocery shopping and running errands. The day ended hanging outside with our neighbors (our favorite ones, that also happen to be moving, boo) and then going to family dinner at my parent's house.

Overall it was low-key weekend, which happens to be one of my favorite kinds.

What did you do this weekend?

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment