With January come and gone, the first month of 2015 is officially over. To keep myself accountable, I decided to do a monthly checkup on how my New Year's resolutions are going. I figure this might be the kick I need to cross more of these of my list!
- Try 6 new recipes that aren't desserts (and post the review/recipe on here). This may sound simple, but while I love baking I loathe cooking. One down, 5 to go. You can check out how my first one went here
- Read 5 new books. I'm currently ready Amy Poehler's Yes Please, but since I'm less than halfway done with it, I'll count it as my first one. Ugh, I wish I could say this was going better, but I'm still less than halfway done with Yes Please. Any suggestions for books you weren't able put down?
- Try something that takes me out of my comfort zone. Still trying to figure this one out. Stay tuned :)
- Take pictures for at least 4 family functions. One down. I took pictures of my nephews birthday in January...although the pictures haven't been posted yet (whoops!)
- Hang pictures of family/friends on the walls (this sounds simple, but our home has had nearly bare walls...for almost 2 years). Nope, although I'm looking forward to doing this soon.
- Send a birthday card in the mail to 3 friends/family members. Nope, although planning on doing my first one possibly this month!
- Do an act of kindness. Not yet!
- Visit 3 places I've never been before. Trip to North Carolina in June is set! Now figuring out how we can squeeze in the other 2 places...
- Follow a clean eating or whole 30 plan for a week (hopefully longer, but baby steps, right?)Trying to work up to this, but I have to admit this is a tad intimidating.
- Work back up to running a 5k again, straight through. Since the half-marathon we did 2 years ago (yeesh, time flies) I took a hiatus from running, and have never quite gotten back in the groove. Better late than never, right? Consistently walking 2-3 miles a night after work now, but haven't really started running. Baby steps, right?
- Blog at least 24 times. Truth be told I suck at this, but maybe 2015 will be the year to be more consistent! The only resolution I'm currently over-achieving! 6 posts down including this one.
- Clean out/organize all of the closets in our house. Hall closet down,
5005 closets to go
- Surprise my husband in some way. Still trying to figure out something creative
- Do a house project. To paint the upstairs trim, or to not paint the upstairs trim?
- Go visit a friend that lives in another state. Settling in a college town means that the majority of our friends over the years have moved, and seeing them is long overdue. Working on this! It may have to tie in with #8
There you have it! Truth be told, I thought I was much farther through this list so I'll have to get on it. Only 11 months left in 2015!