Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Five's: Valentine's Edition

Hola friends! All I can say this week is TGIF. There's something about looking forward to a holiday that makes the week go by that much slower.

I'm super excited to be spending a low-key Valentine's day with Nate this weekend, filled with Mexican food and froyo (two of my other great loves in life). Although, I have a feeling I'm going to be excited for every holiday in 2015 since Nate and I are officially in the double digits when it comes to putting up with each other! That's right, 10 years ago I somehow conned this shy guy into taking me out on a date, and 5 years later we tied the knot. I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my PIC in this life, so what better to kick off our 10 years of dating bliss/5 years of marriage with a fantastic V-Day.

And of course, leading up to any holiday one must be prepared with favorites in which to celebrate, so without further ado, here's my five fave's for this week!

1. Since at least one of my fave's is consistently from Target, why change things up this week? I found this mug yesterday in the Valentine's section (note to self - shop this section more than 2 days before Valentine's day - all the moms were out in full-force last night buying for kid's V-Day parties). I honestly couldn't say no, plus it was $3. I debated giving this to Nathan as part of his Valentine's gift so I could justify the purchase, but let's get real, this mug was all for me.



2. This note from our neighbors next door. Two of the five (yes, FIVE) kids next door come over daily to take the pugs outside and play with them every day. It's an easy way for them to get a little extra side money, and then Nate and I don't have to worry about rushing home at night if we get caught up at work. Yesterday I came home to this kibble/leash heart on our counter with a hand-written note saying they were training the dogs and "they are very good pigs" (my heart. too cute.).



3. Piggybacking off of #2, I then totally had an excuse to go buy some Valentine's for said kids, which was super fun. Not to be out-done, I grabbed a little something for each of them at the dollar spot (seriously, Target, stop taking my money) along with a treat. The lip and heart-shaped sunglasses were particularly my favorite.

Their leash heart was far superior than mine

4. Strawberry Starburst gum. Seriously, this tastes identical to the candy, and since strawberry is undoubtedly the best flavor of Starburst, I had to have it. It loses it's flavor in about 30 seconds flat, but I can still see buying this again. Plus, who doesn't want strawberry-flavored breath on V-day?


5. Valentine's day cards have stepped up their game, and there's a ton out there that are hilarious. This one in particular spoke to me...



What are your V-day plans?

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment