Monday, January 27, 2014

Feeling the burn

Lately, I've been trying to get back into the routine of getting my sweat on at least 3x per week and eating healthier. After what felt like 3 months of one junk-food laden event right after another, I was entering 2014 is not such a great place food-wise. This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't started majorly slacking off  in the workout department since uh, summer. I mean, doing renovations burns some calories, right?

So it's back to the grind. This is the third week I've been making steps towards getting on the right track. What definitely motivates me is my Fitbit Flex. I live for seeing that baby reach 5 dots and see all of the smiley faces next to my activity, step and calorie progress bars on my Fitbit App.While I don't think it's 100% accurate, it does the job in making me less lazy and more motivated to get my workouts in.

The other thing that's been motivating me lately is my small group personal training sessions. They're so hard, but so good. I hate it sometimes when I'm huffing and puffing in the midst of running up that 5th flight of stairs or attempting to hold a decent form while on my last burpee, but having someone push me by telling me "30 seconds, Alex. You can do anything for 30 seconds" makes me work so much harder. I'm sore for at least 2 days after, but hey, that's part of becoming stronger, right?

My goals for this week:
-Work out 4 times
-Find a new healthy recipe to try (and share it on here!)
-Pamper myself at least once after a workout session with a pedicure/time in the sauna/ etc.

What are your goals for this week?

Linking up with Ashley for Move it Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment