Friday, December 11, 2015

22 Weeks


Weeks along: 22

What's new with baby: Our little boy is the size of a water bottle/papaya. He's sleeping anywhere from 12-14 hours a day and his eyes and lips are more developed.

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Symptoms: Had my first week of some lower back pain, but all around I continue to have an easy pregnancy (which I'm so thankful for)!

Cravings: Just all the sweets. Chocolate. Fruit. You name it. I try to eat healthy at least 2/3 meals of the day with healthy snacks, but I know where I really need to cut back is the sugar.

Workouts: Shooting for at least 3 workouts a week got that in this week. It wasn't much, but did a 3 mile walk/run and 2 more 2ish mile walks. I need to step up the intensity, but with work and home life being really busy I'm counting any activity as a win.

Baby Purchases: We bought the paint for little guy's room, and last weekend we picked out a crib/dresser. My dad is a rock star and is actually painting the nursery for us and installing new closet doors. I'm so lucky to have such supporting parents, and I hope N and I can be half as great as them when our baby is born.

High point of the week: N got to feel the baby kick! The look on Nate's face when he felt it was priceless, and it left us with the biggest grins on our faces :-)

Concerns/Issues: Nothing this week. 

Missing: Feeling a little vain  this week with the numbers on the scale continuing to rise and freaking out a little bit about fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes after he's born. I know I just need to focus on eating healthy and staying active though, and what happens happens.

Sleep: Has improved! N bought me a snoogle for Christmas, and since my sleep has been so crappy lately he decided to gift it to me early. I was worried it was going to take up the whole bed and be more of a nuisance than anything, but it's actually helped and I don't think N's feel squished at all.

Looking forward to: Seeing the nursery all painted with new closet doors, and really starting to design his room! We also need to register at some point, and I'm looking forward to that too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment