Wednesday, March 16, 2016

36 Weeks



Weeks along: 36

What's new with baby: Baby M is now the size of a Cabbage Patch doll (or a honeydew melon). The only thing that isn't entirely developed with our little guy is his digestive system, otherwise everything is up and running. At this point my doctor told me they won't stop anything if he decides to come early, so the final countdown has finally begun!

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Symptoms: Just uncomfortable, but I feel like that's to be expected at this point :-)

Cravings: I killed a whole box of Life cereal in 3 days this past weekend. It was a smaller box (trying to make myself feel better here), but yea, I went to town on it. Nate thought it was pretty funny considering I think I've bought Life maybe once in the past 10 years.

Workouts: One 2.5 mile walk, one 35 minute elliptical session and another 2 mile walk outside with Nate on Saturday morning.

Baby Purchases: I bought myself some lovely nursing tank tops (sarcasm), does that count?

High point of the week: Having brunch with some friends in KC this past weekend. The food and service were awesome, and it was so nice to squeeze in some girl time before little man comes.

Concerns/Issues: Labor/delivery and handling life as a new (sleep-deprived) mom

Missing: Shopping for cute new clothes! I'm 1000% over my boring maternity wear, and the only shopping I've been doing lately is for matronly-looking nursing bras and camis. I can't wait until I have options and don't have to worry about factoring in an ever-growing bump :-)

Sleep: Still sucks for the most part. I had a decent night of sleep maybe a couple nights where I only got up 2 times to use the bathroom, but otherwise it's usually waking up every hour or two to either flip over (cue lots of grunting) or pee.

Looking forward to: Our growth scan on Wednesday and the following weekend! Baby M was actually measuring 38 weeks at my 35 1/2 week appointment, so the doctor ordered a sonogram to see if he's really measuring big or was just positioned weird. Saturday we have dinner with 2 other couples from our birthing class. It'll be fun to connect with some new people around our age that are having babies the same time as us, and the plus is that we're all having boys!

I also got a shot of the pigs both taking over the snoogle (and yes, Max usually has his tounge sticking out when he's super-relaxed with the best derpy face ever). I think they're going to have separation issues when it goes away :-)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, so exciting! It's the home stretch!!!! You look way too cute to be having the baby so soon!

    ReplyDelete