Friday, November 13, 2015

18 Weeks



Weeks along:18

What's new with baby: Baby is now the size of a sweet potato and is sucking, swallowing and yawning right now.

Maternity Clothes: Have switched to exclusively maternity pants, but still getting away with wearing some regular tops.

Symptoms: Oh man, this is the week where a mixture of exhaustion and frustration (we tackled tiling our kitchen back splash) resulted in my emotions being all over the place. We're almost done with the back splash, and I'm just over it. Hopefully once the kitchen is put back I'll be back to my regular self. We now know that house projects are a definite no-go when N is overworked and I'm pregnant.

Cravings: Mexican food. I've been better this week about not indulging, but I did go out to lunch on Wednesday and had my Mexican fix.

Workouts: Ha, almost nonexistent. We've spent almost every weekend/night working on the kitchen, so that's been my workout. I did squeeze in a 4 mile run and a 2.5 mile walk with some weights this week, but haven't had the time to do much else.

Baby Purchases: We're so close to finding out whether baby M is a boy or a girl (7 days!!!) that I've been trying to hold off, but I did purchase an adorable sock monkey onesie this week.

High point of the week: Taking the night off last night from projects so I could do a little shopping with my mom and pick up some maternity jeans I ordered online.

Concerns/Issues:  This week has just been a bit of a downer. No issues, but I've felt frumpy and fat in maternity clothing, and I've been downright exhausted. Luckily the weekend is coming up, and I'm in love with the jeans I ordered which is making me feel less self conscious.

Missing: My favorite ski resort opened this weekend. This baby is so worth not being able to go, but I can't help but miss it.

Sleep: So-so. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end of sleeping through the night!

Looking forward to: Feeling the baby kick more. I *think* I've been able to feel it this week (tiny little flutters) but I'm ready for it to be obvious :-).

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy and I hope the kitchen is done soon :)

    ReplyDelete