I know I keep saying it, but I seriously don't know how 2015 has flown by so fast! Just 2 months left until 2016 and here's how I'm doing...
- Try 6 new recipes that aren't desserts (and post the review/recipe on here).Almost there! So far this year I've tried zucchini lasagna, baked chicken parm, cheeseburger casserole, bangin' good shrimp, and creamy chicken buttermilk dumplings. The past couple months I've tapered off, but I'm sure by Dec 31st I'll be able to whip up one last recipe so I can officially cross this off my list.
Read 5 new books. Read 10 new books. This might be tough. I finished another book this past month with Leaving Time, but I still have 3 more to go. Any good suggestions out there for books you just couldn't stop reading?
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? by Mindy Kaling
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (seriously, SO good!)
- First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Vacationers by Emma Staub
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
- Try something that takes me out of my comfort zone. I've been trying to hint to this one all year, but my #1 at the top of this list is definitely adding a new family member to our lil' duo. N and I have a great groove with it just being the two of us for the past decade, so I'm excited (and a touch nervous!) to see how a little one changes our lives.
- Having a baby
- Pushing myself skiing (hello black diamond runs!)
- Flying 8 (yes, freaking 8) times over the 6 day trip for work to Puerto Rico, Barbados and Trinidad.
- Take pictures for at least 4 family functions. Still have one more to go. Hoping to take some pictures this Christmas for sure.
- Family Ski Vacation - Colorado
- Little Brother's Graduation
- Ashton's first birthday party
Hang pictures of family/friends on the walls (this sounds simple, but our home has had nearly bare walls...for almost 2 years).Completed!
- Send a birthday card in the mail to
36 friends/family members. Blech, no progress on this. I need to remind myself to do this...
- Do an act of kindness. Just paid for a stranger's coffee, but besides that nada. With the holidays coming up I'm sure I can pull this one out.
Visit 3 places I've never been before.Complete!
- Puerto Rico
- North Carolina
- Follow a clean eating or whole 30 plan for a week (hopefully longer, but baby steps, right?) Uh yea, so this may be one that has to wait until 2016 to get one. I've been loving my fruits this pregnancy, but I don't know if I could stomach no carbs for a week.
- Work back up to running a 5k again, straight through. Completed on the treadmill in July. Will definitely have this back in 2016 for a post partum goal.
Blog at least 24 times. Done! This little blog has been my pregnancy diary, so I've had a lot to write about.
- Clean out/organize all of the closets in our house. Eh, this is almost done. We need to scrub through our closet again and the guest bedroom, but the hall, office and baby room's closet have all been cleaned out.
Surprise my husband in some way.Surprised N with tickets to Modest Mouse in September. Also planning a little something for him tonight :) Do a house project.Painted the house and put on new shutters. We also put up trim in the baby's room. Ideally we would do the entire upstairs, but it's a big undertaking so I'm not sure we'll get to it. We're also looking at replacing our backsplash in the kitchen now. 2 years ago when we remodeled it we made the mistake of putting up a tin backsplash. Now said tin is getting rust spots on it, especially around the sink. I'm tired of looking at it so hopefully that's something we can get done before Thanksgiving. Go visit a friend that lives in another state.Done! Visited our friends in Atlanta over Labor day weekend. We had a blast visiting the aquarium, going to dinner and just hanging out.