Wednesday, February 24, 2016

33 Weeks


Weeks along: 33

What's new with baby: Baby M is now 4 pounds and about the size of a ferret (or a durian fruit, pick whatever weird comparison you like best). He's still packing on the pounds, and hopefully moving to the head-down position.

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Symptoms: Nothing to complain about. The most annoying things are muscle cramps and then feeling uncomfortable when he's in a certain spot, but all in all nothing too bad.

Cravings: Mexican food (but let's get real, when have I not craved it?)

Workouts: An hour walk with Nathan, one elliptical session (I think...I can't remember if it was a walk or a gym session) and another 2.5 mile walk.

Baby Purchases: We went and got some odds and ends at Buy Buy Baby this past weekend - pack n' play sheets, a baby K'tan, Nose Freida, and some cloth diapers to use as burp cloths.

High point of the week: Spending some more quality time with Nate this past weekend. We went on a walk just the two of us on Saturday, did a brunch date, and then went to dinner after our breastfeeding class on Sunday. I'm trying to savor the last weeks of it just being the two of us before we meet our son :-).

Concerns/Issues: Labor and delivery, but what's new?

Missing: Being able to flip over from side to side in bed without it being a challenge.

Sleep: Definitely not great. Still waking up every 1-2 hours and getting up earlier and earlier in the mornings. The plus side is I've been getting in my workouts before work, the downside is by 3pm I'm starting to get pretty sleepy. Luckily my overall energy level hasn't dipped too much, which is making me feel better about being sleep deprived when we have a baby waking us up every hour or so :-).

Looking forward to: Our last childbirth class at the hospital. We've met a few other couples there that are due around the same time we are, and the instructor has been amazing so I've really been looking forward to our Thursday evenings lately. This last class we're all bringing in treats and then scheduling a time to do dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I literally lol'd at ferret. I hope your kid is much cuter than a ferret, which I'm sure he will be ;)

    ReplyDelete