Wednesday, October 7, 2015

6 Weeks

Weeks along: 6

What's new with baby: Currently the size of a sweet pea. This week the major organs and systems begin to form.

Maternity Clothes: Nope

Symptoms: Tired, and a little nauseous during the morning hours. Oh, and my boobs. Yea, those things feel sore and swollen 24/7.

Cravings: I don't think this is necessarily baby-related, but froyo has sounded amazing lately so we indulged and had some Saturday :-)

Workouts: Run/walk on Monday for 3 miles, 2 mile walk Wednesday, walked 5 miles Saturday and did a Body Pump class on Sunday. Not too shabby!

Baby Purchases: None yet.

High point of the week: We told my family this weekend! Nate and I went out to lunch with my parents and little brother Saturday morning and told them then. When we were waiting to be seated we were just hanging outside the restaurant, and I told my dad "did you know there was 6 people in the car?" Of course he didn't really quite understand, so I then just said "well, 6 because I'm carrying an extra one - I'm pregnant!" My parents proceeded to shower us with hugs and kisses and tell us how happy and excited they were for us. My older brother wasn't at lunch, so at family dinner the next day I gave him a mug that said "good things are going to happen" and on the inside of it wrote "Baby Myers coming April 2016" He had the same reaction, and my sister-in-law almost broke out in tears she was so happy. It feels so good to have so much love and support.

Concerns/Issues: Trying to enjoy  this pregnancy, but also wanting time to speed up and for my 10 week ultrasound to get here. Our #1 thing is we just want a healthy baby.

Sleep: Good! Some tossing and turning at night, but overall I've been going to bed EARLY (like 9:30pm) and waking up at around 6:30am. 9 solid hours helps a little to not be so tired, but I still find myself feeling like a zombie some days.

Looking forward to: My first appointment next Friday, the results afterwards, and scheduling my first ultrasound.


No comments:

Post a Comment