Wednesday, October 7, 2015

9 Weeks

Written September 11th

Weeks along: 9

What's new with baby: Baby has officially been upgraded from embryo to fetus! Currently just a shy of an inch long, he-baby or she-baby is developing more facial features, teeth buds and external ears.

Maternity Clothes: Nope

Symptoms: Feeling better this week! Nausea has definitely subsided. Unfortunately because of that I've been eating everything, but I'm hoping to reel it back in. Still tired most days, but definitely an improvement.

Cravings: I've had a strong cupcake craving lately. I may or may not have ran downtown to a bakery to buy a mini cupcake to satisfy my craving, and now I just want 15 more ;-)

Workouts: A couple of walks, but nothing stellar. We also visited our friend in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend which made it hard to get in exercise. Not an excuse, but I'll be picking it up for sure next week!

Baby Purchases: My mom surprised us when we got home from Atlanta with a snuggly winter weather outfit in white for baby M along with some basic onesies and a little firefly toy to hang from he-baby or she-baby's car seat. Our friends Rachael and John also got us the softest, fuzziest little bunny rabbit stuffed animal for the nursery, along with this book where we can write letters to our babe and give it to them in the future. This kid is already spoiled :-)

High point of the week: We got to see Baby M on the ultrasound! He/she was measuring exactly along with where it should be and had a heartbeat of 175. I think N and I seeing it on the ultrasound more real, but I still can't wait for the day we find out the sex so we can really start planning.

Concerns/Issues: That much closer to the end of the first tri, and I'm anxious for it to get here already. Part of me is just hesitant to truly be relaxed about this pregnancy until we get past the 13th week.

Missing: I'm throwing the silliest pity-party for myself, but I'm bummed that I know I won't be able to go skiing this year. I know it's for a great cause (hello, baby), but I'm by far my happiest on a ski slope. It's just one season, but I'm hoping this winter I'm distracted enough that I don't dwell on not being out there.

Sleep: Still great, although I wish there were about 5 more hours in the day so I could sleep more and still get stuff done.

Looking forward to: Having a relaxing weekend and decorating for fall! Planning on going to all the craft stores to find something to spruce up our mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment